23rd European Conference on Pattern Languages of Programs - Call for Papers (PDF)
|February 5, 2018:||Extended paper submission deadline|
|March 12, 2018:||Shepherding starts|
|May 2, 2018:||Second draft due for review|
|May 2, 2018:||Submission deadline for focus groups|
|May 16, 2018:||Paper acceptance notification, Registration opens|
|June 4, 2018:||Closing date for early registration|
|June 11, 2018:||End of shepherding|
|June 18, 2018:||Conference draft version due|
|July 4-8, 2018:||Conference|
|October 31, 2018:||Proceedings version due|
Why come to EuroPLoP 2018?
Patterns represent practical experience and best practice, and EuroPLoP is the premier European conference on patterns and pattern languages.
Authors gain visibility by publishing patterns and get active, high-quality feedback that can significantly improve their pattern writing.
Participants may keep up-to-date with contemporary movements in software engineering and related topics, with in-depth discussions during EuroPLoP’s Writers’ Workshops.
Practitioners enlarge their network and increase visibility at EuroPLoP by meeting leading experts and practitioners, and getting feedback.
Academics gain from EuroPLoP’s intensive process of shepherding, reviews, and peer discussions at Writers’ Workshops which will yield a high-quality publication:
- Accepted papers will be published in the ACM ICPS
- Further elaborated accepted papers qualify for submission to the Springer journal LNCS Transactions on Pattern Languages of Programming (TPLoP).
Call for Pattern Papers
- (Continuous) software engineering
- Software & systems architecture and design
- HCI design and architecture
- Cloud, fog, edge computing
- Agile and DevOps
- Business and organization
- Software quality and verification
- Requirements engineering
- Cyberphysical systems & (I)IoT
- Safety, security, dependability
- Digital transformation, Industry 4.x
- Education and collaboration
- Interdisciplinary topics
If you think an important topic is missing, you can propose a special topic track. Email the program chair before December 31, 2017.
Call for Papers on Applying and Identifying Patterns
In addition to papers containing new patterns and pattern languages, we encourage submitting papers describing the application of existing patterns in industrial projects.
- Reports on using patterns in projects, education and organizations
- Scientific studies on patterns and pattern applications
- Papers that present theoretical arguments about patterns
- Empirical evaluations of patterns and pattern languages
Call for Focus Groups
EuroPLoP also welcomes focus group proposals. Focus groups are 1-2 hour workshop sessions where you present or elaborate a pattern-related topic. You can also propose and experiment with other session formats. Your submission should briefly sketch how you will organize your session, its time budget, and the required number of participants.
- ACM single column format if you want to publish your paper with ACM.
- Any format you like if you do not want to publish your paper with ACM.
- For logistical reasons, we recommend submissions of 10 pages or less and we especially welcome shorter papers. Longer papers are possible, but bear in mind that in that case, the Writers’ Workshop might decide to focus on only a part of your paper.
We are looking forward to receiving your contributions!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: